Posted by: meikah | 11 December 2008 | 9:33 pm
Don Tapping, author of several books on Lean including best seller, Backstreet Lean-Solutions for the Job Shop and Value Stream Management for the Lean Office talked with Paula Wallace of Manufacturers’ Monthly.
From the transcript, here are some of the Lean concepts:
- communicate the need with, involve, and engage your people in any Lean or process improvement initiatives
- arm your people with tools before embarking on any Lean or process improvement
- Lean and Green concepts can work together well, just like Lean and Six Sigma
- invest in Lean trainings, consultancy, or gather government support
- choose the best Lean initiative that will work on your situation or processes
In other words, Lean or any other process improvement is not a stand-alone initiative. You will need all the help and resources that you can get.