Posted by: meikah | 18 July 2012 | 4:03 am
During the Managing Risk and Performance Through Business Process Management conference last March, Makati Medical Center shared their process excellence journey.
Makati Medical Center is one the premier hospitals in the country, and knowing that they are still working on improving their services is something else. It makes you trust them more. Trust is a big thing in the healthcare industry.
Makat Med’s journey started when they reviewed their admissions process flow.
They found the following root causes of the delay in transferring a patient:
- tedious manual coordination for bed between units
- longer time spent on calls
- no visual availability of beds
- longer time spent on generation of reports
- limited room request confirmation
The solution: Lean Six Sigma…
- by creating a bed management dashboard – reduced coordination time and there’s now a real-time bed availability, thus wait time is reduced
- outsourced admissions call to a call center, thus less phone time for Admissions personnel. Through the call center, patients now have easier access.
- as a result, pre-admission activities are done faster
To further improve the hospital also did this:
Like any other improvement, Makati Med management admits that this is a continuous journey. They will study their patient care processes and will improve them. What’s important is they went right into it.
The result: The JCI Gold Seal of Approval – an affirmation of Makati Medical Center’s passion for excellent patient care.
Now you know where to go for your healthcare needs.
Filed under: Business Improvement, Business Process Management, Healthcare, Lean Six Sigma, Makati Medical Center, Six Sigma
Posted by: meikah | 6 July 2012 | 3:17 am
Fierra de Manila Philippines once again brings you another Six Sigma Conference. Titled The 3rd Six Sigma and Process Improvement Conference 2012, the conference theme is “Process Thinking Towards a Customer-Centric View of Business.”
August 9-10, 2012
Hotel Intercontinental, Makati City, Philippines
The global economy is in a dangerous new phase with increasing fears over debt in the Euro-zone that may trigger negative effects and sluggish economic growth in developing economies. Given this very unstable outlook, process improvement practitioners are focusing their efforts to mitigate risks and improve business management that create and deliver value to customers. Businesses have shifted paradigm by having customer satisfaction as a key driver and metric of success.
Companies adopt a host of different approaches to improving the quality and efficiency of their output – Business Process Management, Six Sigma, Lean, Business Performance Improvement, Process Re-Engineering, Total Quality Management, etc. All these methodologies are focused on ‘Process’ as the spring board for any business improvement and excellence program.
This conference is focused on Six Sigma and Process Improvement and its integration. Based on PEX (Process Excellence Network) 2011 survey, Six Sigma and Lean remain prevalent as key methodologies used by most companies worldwide for business improvement programs.
Learn the essentials of the most powerful methodology in the business today. Know Six Sigma strategies and tool sets for your sustainable process improvement initiatives and innovation program.
Top Reasons to Attend
· Understand the Six Sigma methodologies to drive and sustain organizational performance
· Learn to integrate Six Sigma in your business processes
· Know the latest customer thinking strategies
· Leverage on risk management and innovation approaches for process excellence
· Learn from various case studies of Six Sigma application
· Network up-close and personal with Six Sigma Experts and Quality Practitioners
Key Conference Topics
Day 1, August 09, 2012, Thursday
1. Aligning SS Strategies with Corporate Through BSC Framework
2. Using DMAIC and SS Tools in Business Improvement Projects
3. Key Ingredients for a Successful Process Improvement Program
4. An Integral Part of Six Sigma
5. Process Maturity Assessment: Creating and Understanding Long-Term Roadmap Reach Full Process Maturity
6. Business Process Re-Engineering for High Impact Processes and Change Management
7. Managing Innovation with DFSS
8. Innovative Adoption of SS Methodology to Deliver High Impact Results in Manufacturing
Day 2, August 10, 2012, Friday
1. Your Customers Are Your Future! Redesigning Your Processes to Deliver Customer Satisfaction
2. Critical Success Factors for Deploying and Sustaining Six Sigma in Telecom Sector
3. Innovative Adoption of SS Methodology to Deliver High Impact Results in Financial Services
4. Achieving Six Sigma Process Excellence Through Employee Involvement
5. Risk Management (ISO 31000) Through Six Sigma
6. Embedding Effective MIS with Six Sigma Methodology
7. Benefits of Implementing Six Sigma in Healthcare
8. Panel Discussion on Business Improvement Methodologies
GET TO KNOW THE CONFERENCE RESOURCE SPEAKERS
Please click here: mailto:fmi.com.ph/?page=
Discounts and Payment Scheme
Php 16,000 2 days attendance
US $450 for Foreign Nationals for 2 days attendance
Package of 5 Delegates +1 Free
20% Discount to Academe/Students/ Government
10% Discount to NGOs, Trade Associations, Chamber of Commerce
Fees are inclusive of snacks, lunch and conference kit
REGISTER NOW AT: http://www.fmi.com.ph
Who Should Attend
CEOs, Presidents, General Managers, Managing Directors, Lean and Six Sigma Practitioners, Strategic Planners, Risk Managers, Business Owners, Process Owners/ Analysts, Entrepreneurs, Senior Level Managers, Industrial Engineers, HR/OD Managers in various industry sectors, such as: Telecom, Healthcare, Financial/Banking, BPOs, Logistics, Transport, Export/Import, Manufacturing, Retail, Government, NGOs, SMEs, and those who are practicing and beginning the journey of business excellence and continuous improvement within their organizations.